Our main concern at the Corpus Christi Food Pantry and Assistance is the safety and wellbeing of the clients we serve, and our volunteers. We are pleased to announce we will re-open March 23rd on a revised schedule.
The following operating policy is in effect immediately:
- All volunteers and directors will wash their hands when they arrive and before they leave. All surfaces will be wiped daily. All volunteers and directors will wear gloves.
- Pre-packaged groceries will be distributed in an area just outside the food pantry. In the event of bad weather, the packages will be distributed in the garage area.
- Plastic and paper bags will be used to distribute all packages.
- Appointments are required. Please call the pantry at 882-6372 for an appointment. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment to pick up your pre-packaged groceries.
- Pantry times are subject to change daily. At present we anticipate being open open Mondays and Wednesdays 10 AM to 1 PM.
- We cannot receive walk-ins.
- The number of volunteers serving at any one time is limited to allow for proper social distancing. To that end, we are considering the adoption of extended hours to spread out client grocery pick-up times.
- If you feel sick, have a cough, a fever or any other symptom, please be safe and stay home. Under these circumstances, if possible, have a healthy family member pick up your food.
As new guidelines are announced, the pantry will be implementing all necessary changes. These are unusual times. Thank you for your patience.
Updates can be found at Facebook.com/CorpusChristiFoodPantry , on this website, or call the pantry for the latest information on the pantry hours of operation.